F.G. Lister was established back in 1931 working out of the St. Lawrence Market to provide quality produce to the Ontario wholesale market at competitive prices. Our Company has always emphasized quality and service as the driving forces behind our existence and our longevity speaks to our adherence to the high standards we hold ourselves to in servicing our clientele.
In 1954 we were part of the founding group of Wholesalers who helped establish the new Ontario Food Terminal at The Queensway and Parklawn Road in Toronto. We continue to be one of the largest Wholesalers in Ontario and an anchor tenant at the Terminal. By the 1980s our continuing growth created the initiative for management to make a substantial investment in our future by purchasing land at Horner Ave and Browns Line and constructing a purpose built 70,000 square foot refrigerated warehouse complete with ripening rooms. Our diversity of customers from large grocery chains to independents, food processors, restaurants and corner stores provides us with the intricate knowledge of the ever evolving produce landscape and allows us to be ahead of the curve in identifying and reacting to new trends and consumer preferences.
With continued scrutiny and emphasis on food safety we are proud to report that in February of 2020 F.G. Lister was upgraded from BRC Level 7 to the most recently introduced BRC Level 8 plus achieving an Audit Grading of ‘A’. The high level of commitment from our team to achieve such a high standard puts us at a level that very few other Produce companies have been able to obtain. We are also fully HACCP Certified, are long standing members of the DRC and are Blue Book accredited.